Thursday, March 17, 2011

Announcement

March 17, 2011

Dear Woodville Community,

It is with mixed emotions that I write to you to let you know that I will be leaving the Woodville School and Wakefield at the end of the 2010-2011 school year. I have resigned as Woodville’s Principal effective June 30, 2011. I accepted a job as Principal of the Cole School in Boxford, MA. I am excited about this new opportunity and I look forward to starting there on July 1st.

I am, however, going to miss being at the Woodville School every day. The community welcomed me with open arms when I began my Principalship in 2008. As I have been at the Woodville, we have made many gains in school culture, student learning, and teaching. As I reflect back on the past three years, I am proud of the accomplishments that we all have been able to achieve. The faculty and staff at the Woodville School are a dedicated group of individuals who are wonderfully supportive of your children. I like the student-centered approach to education that happens in our school. The staff have the best interests in mind to educate the whole-child.

I have made so many “friendships” with the students here at Woodville School. The children are so special and make the school “tick.” As I begin the next chapter in my life, I will miss them most of all. In June, I will do something formal with the students to provide for closure. I will be working with Superintendent Joan Landers on a replacement and a smooth transition for the next Principal of the Woodville School. There will be information sent home soon to outline the process.

Be Well!
Sincerely,
Brian Middleton-Cox
Principal